Problematic Skin – Dare To Get Even With Breakouts & Ageing
10 Oct 2017
Problematic skin is often associated with teenagers heading into puberty, but what if you are still experiencing breakouts well into your thirties? SkinCeuticals have come up with a solution that can tackle breakouts, pigmentation, and ageing with just a few simple products.
Problematic skin solutions
The blemish and age range is fast acting, oil-free and targeted at problematic and ageing prone skin. It offers unique technology and ingredient combinations. By using Salicylic Acid (1.5%) to prevent acne and Dioic and Alpha Hydroxy Acids to help reduce post acne marks.
Benefits of blemish and age defense
1. Exfoliates – by doing this it improves an uneven skin tone
2. Diminishes – reduces the number of PIH or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation scars
3. Reduces – less oil and an overall reduction of 28% in just 1 week
Skin care regime for problematic skins
Problematic skins require a dedicated and consistent skin regime and the rewards will be visible. We recently got to take part on the #DareToGetEven challenge. Here are the products we tested:
– CLEANSE – SkinCeuticals Simply Clean gel cleanser. A refreshing rinse off cleanser which prepares the skin and strips any debris and oil from the skin’s surface. Loved the smooth clean feeling of my skin and the visible reduction in pore size. Use sparingly and the flip top cap dispenser is awesome!
– BALANCE – SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Solution spritz. Formulated specifically for blemished, problematic skin types as well as fine lines and wrinkles. This product offers a fresh cooling spritz whilst preparing the skin for either the day or night time skin active.
– NIGHT ACTIVE #1 – SkinCeuticals Blemish +Age Defense Serum. An oil-free serum for those who want to treat ageing and blemishes at the same time. It is mainly beneficial for adult acne or breakout prone skin an oil-free serum for those who want to treat ageing and blemishes at the same time. It is mainly beneficial for adult acne or breakout prone skin where ageing is also a concern. It is light and as a result, disappears into the skin effortlessly.
– DAY ACTIVE #2 – SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF. This is a natural and very powerful antioxidant formulation that protects your skin against environmental damage. In addition, it also acts as a pigment regulator by reducing dullness and discoloration on your skin. Again this product disappears in seconds because of it fine satin texture.
– PROTECT – SkinCeuticals Ultra Facial Defense SPF 50 is a high protection, broad-spectrum sunscreen that prevents a sun-induced collagen breakdown. Do not be fooled because this is your no.1 protection and should be applied under your foundation.
The products definitely do deliver on the promise of a refined texture, no oil and age prevention. In fact, my crow’s feet improved substantially. I enjoyed having a splash of cleanser and a spritz toner and the sizes of these products would be enough for 3-4moths at least. I have not had acne and so I cannot really comment on its ability to even acne scars or deeply seated pigmentation.
This range is for oily combination skins. Do not self-prescribe, speak to your skin care specialist, incorrect product choices can cause havoc with your skin … always choose safety first!