Laser treatments, how men can use it for face and body
24 May 2017
Laser treatments are used for various modalities on the skin and body. As well as, for hair removal. They are highly effective and give amazing results when done by a qualified and experienced professional.
Laser treatments explained
We asked one of our skin experts Dr Andre Truter of Skin Renewal to explain what exactly laser is, in “layman’s” terms?
“So gents, laser … this may sound pretty scary to some of you. However, rest assured that these devices are more refined than those used for industrial purposes or to cut metal. Laser stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emitted Radiation, sound like a mouthful, but is in essence simply just light. Different lasers have different strengths of light. The light used is projected through various mediums such as crystals, lenses, CO2 gas, dye or Erbium and as a result, they emit a very specific wavelength of light. This light can then be adapted to treat a variety of skin conditions.”
What to consider when having treatments?
To work with a laser requires a very specific skill set and expertise and it takes a lot of training to master. Often we hear the people have had laser treatments and it did not work. Health factors such as hormones, hereditary and genetics also influence your results.
The most crucial and basic requirements:
Here are the minimum guidelines you should consider when it comes to any form of laser treatment:
– Medical-grade lasers guarantee the best results, these lasers are specifically designed to target and effectively remove pigmentation, scarring, sun damage and hairs safely with fewer sessions. Medical Lasers penetrate deeper to target the area being treated.
– Experienced, confident therapists. Highly trained and experienced therapists will ensure that you get the maximum benefit from each and every one of your sessions. Safety and comfort are always a top priority.
– Book a course of treatments 6-8. You will not have 100% success after one or two treatments, it takes multiple treatments to ensure the results you desire, this may also vary from one person to the next.
take a glance at your face today, do you see brown/red spots, moles, skin tags or unwanted hair? Good news there is a laser to remove, fix or at least vastly improve it.
Popular laser treatments for men
– hair removal
– ingrown beard hair
– neck hair removal
– treat broken veins and capillaries
– repair sun damage and premature ageing
– refine pores and skin texture
Winter is the ideal time to tackle unwanted and unsightly issues without interference from the sun. Book today to get an assessment, and make the decision to give your skin a little non-surgical rejuvenation.